Opposite Attraction: Black and White

Don't get me wrong, I love color...all color.  So much that I honestly cannot decipher which one is my favorite, seriously. I love them all and when used in the right way,  color can transform a space and/or mood at first sight.  

BUT recently my eye has been focused on something with a little less pigment. 

The object of my affection is BLACK AND WHITE 
and I have a HUGE crush. 

 They could not be more different but go SO well together.
It is clean and fresh, modern yet classic and can be easily mixed with any style, making it a "must have" for any home.  

Adding it to your home can come in all different forms and levels. 

You can completely commit with these "to die for" wallpapers...

and seduce with these sultry dark walls.

 This black lacquer library is amazing!


Or you can jump on the black and white train with less permanent features such as art, furniture and accessories.

 A black and white statement art piece would be the perfect addition to any living space or entry way.

Despite being bold, the neutrality of black and white allows it to blend with any room scape.  Existing colors automatically pop and come to life when combined with this dynamic duo. 

Look at this stunning white lacquer hallway and how the yellow rug literally pops off the page. 
It is clean, fresh and pretty much perfection.

Styling bookshelves is an art and if you've ever attempted the task in your own home, you know exactly what I am talking about.  There is a fine line between empty spaces and too much clutter but these shelves and walls appear streamlined and uncluttered due to their black and white hue.  
I love that these spaces are "collected" and personal without being junky.
This gives me serious bookshelf envy!!!!

And because I couldn't possibly contain my current obsession to 1 post, check back tomorrow for practical and easy ways to add some black and white to your home!
I have handpicked my favorite decor and accessories just for you, 
along with where to purchase them locally and online.

Until then, 
libby


No comments :

Post a Comment